Thursday

Why do we forget His power when the evidence is all around us?



O LORD my God! When I in awesome wonder




Consider all the works Thy hand hath made;





I see the stars, I hear the mighty thunder,






Thy pow’r throughout the universe displayed:






When through the woods and forest glades

I wander







And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;






When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,






And hear the brook, and feel the gentle breeze:






Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art! How great Thou art!



Remembering that the same God who created the universe and holds the stars in place
cares for you and me.

He is powerful.
He is wise.
He is good.

Why do we fear? 

"For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities-- his eternal power and divine nature-- have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made," (Rom. 1:20).

What truth about God does his creation remind you of? Share it by leaving a comment below and bless us all.

(My husband and I recently enjoyed a 30th anniversary trip to Canada and New England, including my home town of Bristol, Rhode Island. These are a few of our photographs.)



If you enjoyed this post, why not subscribe? I'll send you twice-weekly 5-minute devotions to help nourish your soul. 
Because women need to connect with God in the craziness of life. 

Enter your email address and VALIDATE the Feedburner email sent to your inbox.



Delivered by FeedBurner











Hungry for God is on Facebook! Will you take a moment and LIKE my page? CLICK HERE to help HFG share 5-minute devotions.
 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! A few days ago I was stressed in finishing up the paper, a call with news I didn't expect or want from my lawyer, etc., etc., etc. Then I took my dog out for her evening walk...and was blessed in seeing an absolutely beautiful sunset. I took pictures over about 10 minutes and was just amazed at the beauty...and the peace I felt. I am so thankful to God for reminding me that He is in charge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you're talking about, Shelly. Creation is such a visible, beautiful, tangible reminder of how big and amazingly powerful God is. For comfort, all we need to do is look around. Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete

Did this devotion speak to you? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Leave a comment below and join the conversation.