Monday

What in the World Is a Facebook Launch Party?

You’ve seen the buzz on Facebook – Lori Hatcher’s having a FACEBOOK LAUNCH PARTY for her new book, Hungry for God … Starving for Time, Five-minute Devotions for Busy Women

You’ve received your invitation. Hopefully you’ve RSVP’ed YES. (If not, click HERE.) And you’ve gone the extra mile and invited friends along. After all, who doesn’t love a good party? 

But the question remains: What exactly IS a Facebook Launch Party? 

I wondered the same thing myself a few months ago when I received my first invitation to a virtual, online party. So here’s the who, what, when, where, how, and whys of a Facebook Launch Party

WHO? YOU – and any other busy woman who’s hungry for God but starving for time. 

WHAT? A Facebook Launch Party is similar to an in-person party, only everything happens in cyberspace. Instead of gathering in someone’s nice cozy home, we’ll gather around our individual computers, go to Hungry for God, Starving for Time’s Facebook page (here’s the link: https://www.facebook.com/events/356980394476369/ ) and visit ONLINE instead of in person. 

WHEN? From 6:30-8:30 tonight (Monday), we’ll visit Hungry for God’s Facebook page to join the conversation. We’ll all be typing in with our responses to different questions, quizzes, and topics in real time. 

WHERE? https://www.facebook.com/events/356980394476369/ 

WHY? Same reason we go to an in-person party – it’s FUN! Great conversation, gifts, and an opportunity to meet new people. Sadly, the only thing missing is the food, but you can bring your own. Here are some fun parts of this book launch party: 

1. We’ll be sharing our best time saving tips, tools, and recipes. 

2. We’ll have quizzes where you can win prizes like Amazon gifts cards and copies of my book. 

3. You’ll have the chance to post Ask the Author questions about Hungry for God … Starving for Time. (Please don’t stump me!) 

4. I’ll share some funny behind-the-scenes stories of my book publishing adventures. (One of them has to do with my long-lost twin sister also named Lori.) 

It’s not too late to RSVP (you can do so here: https://www.facebook.com/events/356980394476369/

AND it’s not too late to invite friends. If you are the person who has invited the most friends who indicate they’ll be attending, you can win a $25 Amazon gift card just in time for Christmas shopping. Here’s the link with all the details: https://www.facebook.com/events/356980394476369/ 

BEST OF ALL, every comment you make, friend you invite, and copy of Hungry for God you purchase earns you an entry into the GRAND PRIZE drawing on December 19 for a KINDLE FIRE HD 7”. I can’t wait to talk with you this evening, Monday, December 08, 2014 from 6:30-8:30 EST. See you there!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Lori. I had absolutely no idea how a Facebook Launch party worked! I've been invited to a couple before, and I didn't know what it really meant, so I didn't do anything. I thought it was merely symbolic, not an actual thing. Haha!

    ReplyDelete

Did this devotion speak to you? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Leave a comment below and join the conversation.